Chief,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chief,

I saw your response to Dennis' question and thought I'd take the opportunity to ask how you've been doing. I notice that you post every now and then, but not nearly anything like you used to. How is your health? Did the heart attack force you to slow down a great deal? If it's not being too nosy, is that one of the reasons you don't come around as much? Or maybe the press of business? I know this is probing and if you'd rather not discuss it, please disregard this and no offense is taken or meant to be given.

I think the old board gang misses you being around -- I know I do because you used to give us so many valuable insights, especially as related to church business, and were always a "best all-around" poster -- combining good information with a cheerful manner.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know we're fond of you in the same sense we were of Bird Legs and would like to hear from you more if possible.

Best regards, BB

Bb

Thanks for your kind post. I am still around and check this Board almost daily for the insights that I gain from it. Earlier I thought I knew all the answer but have learned that in truth I know very little.
    The strokes that I had have left me in good shape both physically and mentally. I look forward to the new tax season. Being a tax professional is a way to keep active for me. I feel good being able to help people be honest with the government in meeting their obligations in this regard.
    BB, have you had any cracklin' cornbread lately or collards or country ham (the salt cured kind) or blackberry cobbler lately.

Comment

Don't forget New year's day

Although I don't really know you very well, Chief, glad to see that
      old tax people, like old soldiers, never die. They just (fill the rest in for yourself).

Anyway, don't forget the black eyes peas and ... and... (darn it!) whatever else it is on new year's day and any future "strokes" will be of good luck in the coming year.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        Although I don't really know you very well, Chief, glad to see that
        old tax people, like old soldiers, never die. They just .,,,,,,,,,,,
        refuse to e-fling?

Comment

From Middle Tennessee

I worry about your health sometimes when I see your posts, but am delighted to hear that you are doing well. Also that you are established in Tampa and not having to drive back and forth to Michigan. Although I'm hearing more and more that the cold climates are actually good for your health, and it didn't used to be that way. The health bugs were all living in Florida and Harry Zona, and only in recent years have they figured out cold weather is not as bad.

Doing the tax return for a minister (I've got a half dozen) has become a specialty -- in fact, always has been. Nowadays they've got it where you have to submit an 8453 so they can make sure the preparer is prorated the minister's expenses. I appreciate the fact that you address most of the minister questions along with M A Malody.

Best wishes for your continued health - and remember you have a friend in Middle Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
          X