Need help on Form 2439 input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on Form 2439 input

I need to understand box 2 of form a REIT issued to a trust I'm doing. Instructions say to put this on L24g of the 1041, but my input field shows this as a gas tax credit. There is no form input on the 1041 like there is for the 1040.

Is this tax paid by the REIT tax that will be credited to the bene, any other place I could place this? Should I bypass the 1041 and just put the amounts on the 2439 in the 1040. I don't think I should, as it's issued to the trust. I'm a bit confused how to handle this.

Sorry for the dumb question, but it's a very sizeable amount.

Thank you,

D

I think I figured this out, but I would still like someone to jump in. I will rework this and see. I was following the instructions, which confused me, as I looked at the software fields, which had this form title listed.

D

Edit: I got it entered properly and see the amounts on the K-1. There is now a large refund coming to the trust. Do I let the trust receive or do I credit the bene with this refund somehow? (Second very dumb question of the night). My client is the only bene.

Thanks again,

D
    Last edited by DTS; 12-06-2008, 09:22 PM. Reason: info added

Comment

I believe I've got it figured OK. New form for me and I'm making way, too much of it. Just got a little flustered.

Comment

Working...
      X