Birdlegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birdlegs

One year ago today, one our own passed away. Birdlegs and I were very close. Never met him in person, but had numerous phone calls over the years. We joked around, told stories of our past, and at the end, cried together. I still miss him dearly. He helped me through the day, week, so many times. Helped me prepare tax returns that gave me fits. He was always there. But now, I have developed another friend who I have met. She’s young and trying to become a knowledgeable tax preparer as well as a good mother to two young ones and a good wife. I will try my best to help her wherever I can just as Birdlegs did for me. I will never forget Birdlegs and now my new friend who I love dearly too. Never diminish the possibility of developing close relationships over the tax board.

I would ask that you take a moment today and remember our loved friend and contributor, Birdlegs.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year (and prosperous too)

Larry

I still remember Birdlegs

and I was fairly new to the board when he became ill. I am sorry he is gone and my thoughts go out to the family and close friends he left behind.

Larry if you have her contact information perhaps it would be appropriate to contact his widow and let her know that we still remember him and are thinking about her.

I think you will enjoy mentoring a newer professional. It is good to do for others what was once done for us. Life is a circle.

Comment

Erchess, that

was an excellent idea. I've sent Margie an email letting her know that we still think of her and Stevie, etc. I'm sure she'll call.
      Stay in touch.
      Do you need anything to help you this coming year?
      Larry

Comment

Birdlegs

was a truly good friend. He helped me numerous times when I first joined this Board. I will always remember him steering me to the NATP. During the Christmas season it is good to remember friends like him.

Comment

Bird

When doing searches here, I always run into a post of Birdlegs and will pull it up and read it. Just a sentimental gesture. Very nice fellow.

It's hard to believe it's been a year.

Comment

Birdlegs

Larry, You were so fortunate to have know Birdlegs. Most of us only knew him through his postings on this Board or the prior Board. Many times as I do Search Forum on this board, Bird's postings are there and I always spend the time to read again and reflect. I miss him!

Please make sure that Margie knows that we still think about him and how much we miss him!

Good for you that you are mentoring and providing support to another tax professional. We all need that support and I have discovered some really great friends on this Forum.

Happy Holidays!

Sandy

Comment

Larry and ST

Larring y I sent you a PM. Looking forward to hearing from you.

ST what was the prior Board? Are you referring to the still extant board maintained by another quick reference guide for which most of the key people at TMI once worked? Or has TMI had more than one board in its history?

Comment

Working...
              X