Payment Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment Options

What are the best options for someone in this line of work who wants to take Credit Cards? The best sounding one I have heard of is Google. That's right, the search engine people. I know about them from the payer's perspective because my website company takes Credit Cards only through Goggle or Pay Pal. Having had bad experiences with the latter I use Google. The payer has to have a computer and email but it can be the TP's computer and a free email the TP sets up. TP goes on Google and sends payer an email and it arrives moments later so Payer can pay. Payer uses email and makes payment and within moments the fee is in TP's bank account minus 2% for Google. I understand that there's no minimum number of charges, no monthly fee, and no up front cost.. In fact you start being paid because Google puts I think 20 cents in your account just to make sure the system is working..

What are the best options for someone in this line of work who would like to take checks without worrying if they will bounce? On this one I have no idea.

I am going to sign up with QuickBooks Merchant system. $9.95 setup fee, $9.95 a month, No Minimum, 2.20% to 3.20% on fees. It can be keyed into QBs right then. I am going to offer this as a payment option. If they say they can't pay me then I'll tell them I accept credit cards. I've used paypal once or twice for this. Google is good. I guess you will have to depend on the customer to pay the invoice you email to them where as with the QBs I can enter it in right there. No excuses. QBs is also offering Check Processing with their 2009 version. No information on pricing you have to call for it.

Comment

Qb

I used QuickBooks last year to take credit cards and was very happy with it. Could do it on the spot or take the client's information over the telephone. As a QB ProAdvisor I save the set-up fee and have a lower monthly fee. (I never actually completed the testing for ProAdvisor, just pay the annual fee, but get all the perks like lower fees for credit cards and payroll and free training and US-based support department and...) I guess I should install the 2009 program they sent me and try out their system to take checks. I'd like to not have to make a trip to the bank.

Comment

Actually no

If I use the Google System I will make them pay me (possibly with me doing the keying) before I give them their copies or do the electronic filing.

Comment

QuickBooks

I've been happy with QuickBooks. Fees aren't bad, even better if you're a ProAdvisor. I can take card information over the telephone. I can submit from anyplace that has an internet connection. It dumps the information right into my QB file. It's cheaper if you have a machine to swipe the cards, but the most common situation I get is the client who wants to give me her card info over the telephone so I can mail her the copies or she can send her kid to pick up or whatever; so I wouldn't have her card in my hand to swipe anyway. I haven't bought/leased a machine. I haven't set up for clients to pay on my web site, but I can and probably will someday.

Comment

Payment Options-Attn Erchess

-Attn Erchess-Google sounds interesting. Do you have a site adr for this information? I would like to research it more. Mahalo taxea
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
            X