American Experience on public TV last evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Experience on public TV last evening

My wife and I watched a program on TV last night about the Crash of '29, which was fascinating. We were amazed at the similarities then to now. If we had no sound or visual and were just reading text of the program, we thought we'd be seeing current news. I'm a little too young to have lived through this, but have heard recent reports about the similarities.

In this link, there are 8 chapters of the program, which is an hour long. It does not get into the Great Depression, which came after the new year.

D
    Last edited by DTS; 11-12-2008, 12:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Dennis> Very interesting show..............I wonder if the Dems were handing out free morgages to the under privledged back than also. Oh wait, there was no Fanny Mae or Freddy Mack back then. Forget what I just said.
    Last edited by BOB W; 11-11-2008, 11:41 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Bob

Yes, we thought is was interesting, as well. Provided more detail on some things we did not know.

Comment

Blame the Dems

Why is it so convenient to always blame the Dems. The past 8 years have been a free ride for banks, oil companies and generally big business; we are devoid of ideas, innovation and creativity. Gee, the Dems have controlled Congress for less than 2 years. Sure, blame them when you can't admit your own failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbriar View Post
          Gee, the Dems have controlled Congress for less than 2 years.
          It only took 2 Years???? Good grief.................Have you heard of Barney Frank???
          Last edited by BOB W; 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Barney Frank

That's your best shot? Good grief!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbriar View Post
              That's your best shot? Good grief!

No it is not, but lets not get into a gotcha thread and leave it where it is.

Comment

I wonder if the Dems were handing out free morgages to the under privledged back than also.
                Yes. It started w/ FDR's "New Deal", an idea he stole from Lincoln. Once the New Deal was implemented, the Republican Party went from the party of big govt to the party of not as big govt. The Democrat Party went from being the party of small govt to the party of big govt.
                "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Working...
                X