Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Money or Quickbooks, your choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Money or Quickbooks, your choice?

I am not familiar with Microsoft Money. But i understand that your small/mid sized corporate client is better off using Quickbooks as opposed to Money.

I understand Money to be personal software and not business software. I imagine Money to be similar to Quicken. I don't believe that we're able to make an adjusting journal entry on the client's 'Money' software.

I have used the 'Accountant's Copy' feature which allows us to easily adjust a client's Quickbooks software from off site. I like it very much.

I think i would prefer Quickbooks to Money, (or i'd gladly settle for Peachtree instead of Money).

Do you agree? Would you much rather a mid sized corporate client use businsess accounting software instead of personal?

They don't need to use Quicken or MS Money. They are really for one person operations. I find both aggravating to use. I dislike QuickBooks/Intuit as a company, but it really is a good program for small businesses. If you use QuickBooks I would have them switch over to it... if you can.

I had a customer that use to come to me that used Quicken and I would import all his transactions into QuickBooks so I could generate financials. I also charged more than I would someone else.

Comment

Thanks for posting, Dany.

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
      I had a customer that use to come to me that used Quicken and I would import all his transactions into QuickBooks so I could generate financials. I also charged more than I would someone else.
      I do the exact same thing with my quicken client. The fact that he insists on Quicken is the entire reason why i have the account. His prior accountant did not put up a fight for the account. He pretty much let me have him. And i soon found out why.

Last edited by Skate1968; 11-08-2008, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Yes this one had me prepare the financial and then he took them to the CPA. He said the CPA charged to much to generate them. So he came to me... thanks I guess... anyways he would ask tax related questions while reviewing the P&L. I told him he needs to ask his CPA. I don't give tax advice unless paid for it

Comment

Working...
        X