Stimulus payment reduced by tax due which has been paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus payment reduced by tax due which has been paid

I have more than one clients whose stimulus payment was reduced by the tax due on the tax return. But the thing is they have also sent a check payment for the tax due already. How will the payment by the taxpayer be handled? Will it be automatically refunded to the taxpayer? Or does the tax payer have to request for the refund by writing? Thanks.

Money owed taken from stimulus

Originally posted by Questionguy101 View Post
    I have more than one clients whose stimulus payment was reduced by the tax due on the tax return. But the thing is they have also sent a check payment for the tax due already. How will the payment by the taxpayer be handled? Will it be automatically refunded to the taxpayer? Or does the tax payer have to request for the refund by writing? Thanks.
    I would call PP and see if money posted if so they will refund the overpayment. I assume the money was not sent before April 15th.

Comment

It will take them about 3-4 weeks to sort it all out and send the money back to the taxpayer. This is why I told most of those who owe that they could just short-pay by roughly the amount of the rebate, minus $50 or so.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

John H is correct

John H is correct

Comment

John H

is always right.

Comment

You're talking about my political views, not my tax knowledge - right?
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Both

>>>>>>>>>

Comment

tax knowledge only, IMHO. Politically, he's always wrong!

Comment

Call me right, call me wrong, just please don't ever call me left.

Comment

Different calling time

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                    John - You have a different system of values from me. My feeling is "Call me whatever you want just so you call me in time to eat"

LT
                    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Charlotte news

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                      Looks as if your former mayor running for governor got taken out in the Obama wave...something close to a +100K vote margin for Obama in Mecklenburg County?

FE

Comment

Yes, that was a predictable outcome in Mecklenburg County. The down-ballot problem bit Pat McCrory & most other Republicans when the Obama voters just decided to go ahead and check off the Democratic box for everything else. Same thing happened to Elizabeth Dole.

As for McCrory, he's such a free spender that some voters have trouble figuring out what party he belongs to until they see the ballot. He's the poster boy for the definition of a RINO (Republican In Name Only), so I suspect there won't be much difference between Pat and the the Democrat who won insofar as how the state government operates for the next 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X