Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha Spirit

Aloha,

My good friend Lloyd Leuthner of Green Bay, Wisconsin is down to number four in a fun contest with his tax software. Ultratax has about twenty thousand users or so and he is one of the finalists.

Please consider reading the story and casting a vote for the Cheesehead named Lloyd. The link is above. The contest ends October 31st.

Mahalo,

Bjorn
    P.S. I suppose this is not the intent of the board so I hope this does not ruffle any feathers of the board users. Many thanks for your time and consideration.

I voted for you, even though you are a cheesehead. What do you get if you win?

Comment

I voted for Lloyd, but if he wins I sure hope he doesn't bump Marlene from the "Real Stories" gallery.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Okay.

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
        Aloha,

My good friend Lloyd Leuthner of Green Bay, Wisconsin is down to number four in a fun contest with his tax software. Ultratax has about twenty thousand users or so and he is one of the finalists.http://cs.thomsonreuters.com/lovemyj....aspx?sid=2140
        Please consider reading the story and casting a vote for the Cheesehead named Lloyd. The link is above. The contest ends October 31st.

Mahalo...Bjorn
        P.S. ...I hope this does not ruffle any feathers of the board users...
        I voted for your guy. I read his (and the others') story. They've persuaded me to dump ATX, buy UltraTax (after such rave reviews, is there any other choice?), fall in love with my job (it's just wonderful -- or would be, if I could just gettaholduh that FileCabinet thing), and live happily ever after.

P.S. No offense taken -- besides, you've already got the approval of the chief feather-ruffler (Bees Knees).

P.P.S. Can you pick up coconuts for free at Waikiki Beach? You can pick up pine cones here for free over by Bull Shoals Beach.

Comment

In order to use Ultra Tax, and I have been using it for 5 years now, you need to start with at least 300-400 clients. I have all of their programs- UT(all entities), File Cabinet, Electronic Filing, Depreciation, Net work version for up to 4 users and I just wrote a check for $7,500+ sales tax. I use every program during tax season and can knock out basic returns in 20 minutes including printing, scanning, Elf and packaging ( ready for the door). Truely a speed demon program but it doesn't come cheap. That is why you need 300-400 clients in order to spread the costs over each client. My costs average is about $13.50 per client so it works for me.
          Last edited by BOB W; 10-30-2008, 10:17 AM.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

As far as pricing goes

you can use pay per return with Ultra. You may pay more than some, but you get what you pay for and time savings should be enough for most.

Comment

Originally posted by JON View Post
              you can use pay per return with Ultra. You may pay more than some, but you get what you pay for and time savings should be enough for most.
              Many on this board, not all, do not prepare more than 200 returns and some under 100 returns. So time/speed is not a problem for them. Many of the low cost programs, some very suitable, seems to be a valid direction for low volumn practices.

PPR is very expensive for these low volumn firms with Ulta tax and other high-end programs. But with that said, if these low volumn firms see that they are growing steady year after year it would behove them to have a program that will speed up their tax return processing time so their growth will come without problems. By problems I mean> 1- ease of processing and 2- not feeling like you need to hire help in order to grow. Hiring help is more expensive than paying for a top of the line tax program like Ultra Tax.

I am the only one doing tax returns and I did 575 returns including entities doing every function including packaging and out the door myself. ELF is a major reason for packaging speed, I just have to print client copy and attach W-2s.
              Last edited by BOB W; 10-30-2008, 05:41 AM.
              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Aloha Spirit

The prize if Lloyd wins is just bragging rights. I hope this shameless requests for votes pays off.

Comment

Lloyd Won

No doubt marketing will do a fine ad program around his pracice.

Mahalo for all your votes!

Bjorn

Comment

Congratulations to Lloyd.
                    But I still maintain that if he bumps Marlene from the "Real Stories" page, I'll want to retract my vote.
                    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                    X