Roni Lynn Deutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsi View Post
    Bee, you nailed it. All to often many of us non-CPA, non-attorney types give away our services for free.
    Many single practioner CPA's also grossly underprice their services as well...not sure about attorneys.

Comment

Roni Lynn Deutch

To Joanmcq....mind letting us in on how much you charge for an OIC? taxea
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

My OIC Fee?

I require a deposit of $5,000.

Been there, didn't charge that, client couldn't pay the balance.

I charge 1½ times my 1040 tax preparation rate.

If they want me to do it, they are going to pay for it.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

I charge by the hour my usual fee. $100/hour. It depends on how much paper I've got to process and how many times I have to ask for it...for example, if you bring me three month worth of half the stuff I've asked for, and then don't bring me the rest for 6 months, then I've got to ask for and process the 1st bunch of stuff again because its not current.

The most expensive one was $1,000. I ate hours too, but it was for a friend.

Comment

Jiggers
            Does the $5000 retainer include the tax returns that need to be prepared or is that in addition to?
            For compliance clients I ask for a $3500 retainer plus the cost of preparing returns due (which includes obtaining IRS held income documents for each year). I find that the retainer usually covers the cost of preparing the returns for filing.

Then I instruct the client to take the returns to the taxing agency and obtain a receipt. Once I get the receipt of the filed returns I discuss IA or OIC with client. What they opt for determines the additional costs.

I do nothing until I get paid for the work. If they don't pay for the IA or OIC or, if there is not enough left in the retainer balance, I do nothing. taxea

Comment

OIC Deposit

Originally posted by taxea View Post
              Jiggers
              Does the $5000 retainer include the tax returns that need to be prepared or is that in addition to?
              This is for the OIC only.

I charge by the form/schedule for doing any 1040/1040A return.

I charge by the hour for 1041/1065/1120/1120S/709.
              Jiggers, EA

Comment

Roni Lynn Deutch

Looks like I need to reconsider my fees! taxea

Comment

To Those of You who collect Retainers

Do you deposit the funds in a non interest bearing account? When I was taking my first course years ago I was told that it was virtually necessary to not get interest on client funds because if interest were paid it would belong to the clients not to the Professional. I have since been told here that I may have been told wrong. What would govern at this point for an EA - OPR or State Law or perhaps both?

Comment

Working...
                  X