Capital Gains on Small Businesses????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health plan and Rent controls

Curious - McCain vs. Obama plan for health insurance coverage and effect on health care costs and quality of care?

Can we compare this scenario to the basic argument against rent controls?

Which plan is more likely to create the worst case scenario - higher costs AND lower quality of care?

Comment

McCains plan

Originally posted by newbie View Post
      I think you ask good questions but I also think there are too many variables.

Why do I have to pay for maternity care or mental health not to mention chiropractors or substance abuse?

You're correct, but there are many families that are not in top health condition, what about them?

It works for you, but what about families with pre-existing conditions. If my spouses employer drops coverage, our family would be in trouble. The cost for us would indeed be greater than the tax benefits. What if you are a young family and you loose insurance when your wife is about to have a baby? There is COBRA, but again I think the cost will outweigh the tax benefits. There are just too many variables.

Crossing state lines? I don't know. Because state laws differ, too many scams and fine lines to read? I really don't know.

deals with pre-existing conditions. It looks like some kind of pool with federal subsidies. I hardly think any change whether It's Obama or McCain is going to ignore those who are not in "Top" condition.

Crossing state lines? We are not talking about dealing with third world countries here. Mama govenment can't fix all your problems.

Comment

This healthcare issue is nothing but political talk. Hillary tried this 10
        + years ago and got nowhere. This will die on November 5.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

The McCain plan will increase payroll taxes because the cost of an employer sponsored plan will increase both taxable wages and income subject to payroll tax. So its a tax increase on employers as well as on employees. He hasn't addressed the effect of the increase on AGI because I doubt he's thought it through that far. Or if he has, he hasn't said anything. I wonder why no one has picked up on the 'tax increase for small business angle' of it?

Comment

Working...
          X