Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP-Proseries Basic, need to file extended filing

I had filed an extension for a client.

We have finalized the return, but what do I have to do to file it electronically for them now and get the right amount of additional dollars debited.

I get an error that just says some errors can still be filed with no specifcs when I run the check for errors.

I changed the date to withdraw, do I somehow have to uncheck the file extensions?

Very confused... (first time I have done this)

I was unable to find any help in the directions.

Thanks!

In Tax Wise we have to unmark the check box for the extension efile and then mark the efile the income tax box. Maybe you could try that and see if it works for your software.

Comment

Agree

In ProSystem fx there's a code to file an extension. Now, I'm changing that code to a different number to file a return. Check around in your e-file section to see if there's a box to check/uncheck, a question to answer, etc. And, call support. Probably an on-line knowledge base, too.

Comment

Solved the problem.

For anyone else in this bind, the program would not allow me to choose Oct 15 as the date to withdraw the funds. Seems if the return is filed today, then the debit needed to match the date.

Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by Beth View Post
          Solved the problem.

For anyone else in this bind, the program would not allow me to choose Oct 15 as the date to withdraw the funds. Seems if the return is filed today, then the debit needed to match the date.

Thanks all!
          That seems wrong........... although this is on an extension. With 4/15 returns the return can be filed February 1st and payment withdrawn 4/15.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I agree- makes no sense- but it cleared the state and federal returns. Bug in the progam maybe....

Comment

The only software bug here would be that it doesn't clearly indicate why the payment date can't be in the future.

Here's the reason.

0397 o
              o
              o
              o
              Form Payment – (Balance Due Payments) When the return is
              transmitted to the IRS on or before April 15 of the current
              processing year, the Requested Payment Date (SEQ 0080) cannot be
              later than April 15.
              When the return is transmitted to IRS after April 15, the
              Requested Payment Date (SEQ 0080) cannot be later than the
              current processing date.
              The year of the Requested Payment Date (SEQ 0080) must equal
              the current processing year.
              The Requested Payment Date cannot be prior to the current
              processing date minus five days.

Comment

Huh?

I know I'm sleep-deprived, but how can the IRS pay me (or debit me) five days before we process the return? I too cannot set a date in the future in my software. Thought it just had to do with the letter and other directions that print out. (Client gets a little scared when they pick up their returns 1 August telling them their account was direct debited 20 July just because that was the day I printed!!!) Date resets when I recalculate to export/transmit after client signs. Found it a little annoying that I could put say Thursday's date for payment, but didn't know the reason behind it. Not that it sounds like a particularly good reason.

Comment

Past dates are probably allowed in case there's a delay in processing. Say your software has a couple days downtime on their file center so that when it gets to the IRS the date is 2 days out of date.

Comment

Working...
                  X