Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Man Redux, or, alternatively,

I Don't Get No Respect.

Three weeks ago I complained about "The Round Man" bringing in these "C" expenses: $31,850/ $1,770/ $1,250/ etc. Advised "these round numbers are obviously estimates, we need actual invoice totals, rework, come back." He returned with: $31,850.70 / $1,770.60 / $1,250.50 -- had to tell him the added on 50-60-70 cents wouldn't fly either.

His buddy sent me his stuff last week: Gas-$16,500 / Repairs-$24,000 / Utilities-$4,650. I gave it back and made the same speech: "...estimates...need actual...rework...come back." Apparently he's talked to his pal and has resolved not to do anything stupid like that. Yesterday I got back his reworked figures (craftily designed to fool inquiring minds): Gas-$16,498.56 / Repairs-$23,999.75/ Utilities-$4,649.97.

Just makes you wanna cry.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 10-12-2008, 04:14 AM.

Pennies

Bart, your client should be congratulated for his foolproof design of numbers. I'm sure IRS could never suspect his numbers are hokey.

By the way, does anyone have software that calculates pennies anymore? Bart if you have ATX, I hope your client sees what his brilliance looks like when it gets submitted.
    Last edited by Snaggletooth; 10-12-2008, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Jerry McGuire

It's like that line in the movie: "Help me help you!"

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
        Is that something like "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you"?

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Maybe the line should be...

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
          "Help me help you OUT THE DOOR"

Adios!
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
          X