Look out Hillary Clinton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look out Hillary Clinton

No more writing off big bucks for Bill's shorts.

Part of a permanent tax bill for Retirement.

"The bill also reforms the giving away of clothes. The provision specifies that no deduction is allowed for charitable contributions of clothing and household items if such items are not in good used condition or better. In addition, the Secretary of Treasury may deny a deduction for any item with minimal monetary value."

All of the evidence is not in, but it appears that
    Secretary of State Rice has admitted in a recent
    press conference that she slept with former
    President Bill Clinton. Will send details
    when they become available; all I have now
    is this attached photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

old jack that is great!

Comment

Your a naughty boy.

By the way if Paula Jones was testifying I'm thinking there would be a whole different perspective.

Comment

Attention:Veritas

Veritas:
          Is information available on the internet regarding the new retirement act reform and
          especially any change in the deduction for clothing and if so what is the website?
          Last edited by dyne; 08-05-2006, 10:22 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I read about the act on Kleinrock's.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
              All of the evidence is not in, but it appears that
              Secretary of State Rice has admitted in a recent
              press conference that she slept with former
              President Bill Clinton. Will send details
              when they become available; all I have now
              is this attached photo.
              Actually the correct caption was: "This is how much I learned in all my years at Stanford"

Comment

Thanks unregistered!

It really takes a big person to fail to identify one's self while belittling someone else.

I'll bet you're one of those liberals who believes in helping minorities better themselves and take a bigger role in public policy and government (except those crazy know-nothing minorities who are Republicans beacause they haven't yet figured out that the party of entitlements is where it's at for them).

Just keep your views to yourself until you decide to come out of the shadows.

JoshInNC

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  It really takes a big person to fail to identify one's self while belittling someone else.

I'll bet you're one of those liberals who believes in helping minorities better themselves and take a bigger role in public policy and government (except those crazy know-nothing minorities who are Republicans beacause they haven't yet figured out that the party of entitlements is where it's at for them).

Just keep your views to yourself until you decide to come out of the shadows.

JoshInNC
                  Last time I checked, this was an open board. And I bet your one of those conservatives who believes anything coming out of Washington. I'm not terribly interested in your opinions either.

Comment

Day of Forgiveness

Come on, folks, let's make nice. Or at least stay on topic with our disputes. Need I remind you that today is the International Day of Forgiveness? <http://www.forgivenessday.org>

Comment

Every Day

Jainen, what nice thoughts! Thanks for posting that annually every first Sunday of August will be the day.

Although, I think everyday should be foregiveness day!

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Last time I checked, this was an open board. And I bet your one of those conservatives who believes anything coming out of Washington. I'm not terribly interested in your opinions either.

I don't know any conservative that believes everything that comes out of Washington.

Comment

How about this for a caption.

"The American people are THIS close to kicking every one of us out of Washington."

Comment

Originally posted by veritas
                            "The bill also reforms the giving away of clothes. The provision specifies that no deduction is allowed for charitable contributions of clothing and household items if such items are not in good used condition or better. In addition, the Secretary of Treasury may deny a deduction for any item with minimal monetary value."
                            I am always amused at how Congress deals with a problem. There is a perception out there that people dump old worn out clothes off at the Goodwill and then take a tax deduction for stuff that should have been hauled off in the trash.

So how do we keep these tax cheats from cheating?

Create a new law for them to break.

The law ALREADY says you can only deduct fair market value. If the fair market value of junk is zero, and people claim it is worth $5, how is making a new law that says it has to have a value of at least $5 going to help?

Is Congress going to expect people to get written appraisals before throwing away…I mean…donating their used clothes to charity? Do we have to take pictures of the stuff proving how good the condition was?

It is like the speeding laws. Right now, if you drive down the freeway and go the speed limit, every other car on the road will pass you. Since nobody obeys the traffic laws, how would you solve the problem? If it is anything like how Congress deals with our tax code, the solution to speeders is to pass another law that says it is against the law to pass someone going the speed limit.

Comment

Well said Bees.. maybe the solution on the clothes issue would be to require the charity to issue a statement of fair market value of the articles received. Call it a 9910 form.

Oh, BTW I consider myself a respectable lawbreaker with regards to most speed limits set to raise proceeds for the law enforcement department and community courts. Just give your tickets to a lawyer and get them fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X