Lacerte tax planner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lacerte tax planner

I tried computing forward into 2008 a return with long term capital gains. The program computes the tax the same no matter what income level or tax bracket. Called them about it and they did not know anything about a reduction in capital gains tax for the 10 & 15% brackets for 2008-2010.

Anybody else using this software?

The person you get on the phone is not going to be a tax person. The programmer programming the program is not going to be a tax person. The tax people who work for tax software companies do one thing....check the software for current year forms and instructions. No IRS forms or instructions have been released yet that would indicate the computation of capital gains will change in 2008.

I doubt any tax software will have 2008 tax law programmed into their planning modules. There’s a good chance 2008 tax law as it currently stands will not survive into 2008.

Comment

Lacerte Discussion Board

There is a Message Board just for the Lacerte Tax Planner (and each other Lacerte Product) at Lacerte's websight (LSCSOFT.com). I use the planner and like it. I have not had a problem with capital gain computations.

Comment

Working...
      X