Use of Apple Software with Tax Software and The Tax Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of Apple Software with Tax Software and The Tax Board

My son recently gave me an iMac Apple computer. l50 gigbyte hard drive. What fund in downloading all my cd's of country and bluegrass music. I have an unlimited source of songs on the itunes store and can purchase individual songs for 98 cents. What a delight. I was born too soon. Am having a ball with this technology.

I have a Dell desktop on my desk in my home office. But as I see it I will being using the Apple technology more and more. Some of you knowledgable members of the Board and straighten me out concerning tax software and the Apple technology. Why does tax software packages not work with Apple?

Now for my second question will the Apple technology work with this Board?

Apple technology was my first experience with computers. I am beginning to wonder why I ever left it?
    Last edited by Chief; 12-15-2006, 04:14 PM.

The basic issue..

is that a Mac has a different operating system running it. While not getting too technical, application software is specific to a operating system.

Now that said. You can by utility software that will boot your newer Macs with Intel processors into Windows and then you can run your Windows tax software just like your other computer. Sorry, none of the Mac features you like will come to Windows.

And most likely, most Web stuff like this forum will work from the Mac world just fine.

Doug

Comment

I'm on a PC at work and an iMac at home. This board works the same for both for me.

It's just that I don't have to fight my kids for the computer at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando Beaujolais
        I'm on a PC at work and an iMac at home. This board works the same for both for me.

It's just that I don't have to fight my kids for the computer at work.

Nor are they here to help you find the ON switch....

Comment

My next computer will probably be a Mac

Now that you can buy a Mac with capablity to run windows programs, I am strongly considering getting a Mac when I replace my present HP computer. I donated my previous computer to a church whose minister is a client of mine and took a deduction for a non-cash contribution along with all those old socks and underwear I donated. (I don't think old socks and underwear are OK to deduct any more).

Comment

Chief

Chief good to hear from you. Hope you are doing better! Are you back in Florida?

Always wondered what a MAC would be like, and I suppose at one time I was hoping that Microsoft would have competition since the antitrust people aren't going to do anything about it.

Hope you can make to it Manchester sometime.

Comment

Mac vs PC

I don't want to start a huge debate but the cost of a Mac equipted to run Windows programs is pretty pricey. I recently priced a Mac(not a top of the line model) cost between $1500 & $2000, to make it Windows compatible would have cost an additional $700 to $1000 (that does include MS Office). I figured for about $1000 less I could buy and have bought a top of the line HP. I have a son-in-law who is a big Mac fan and he is always trying to sell me on Macs but I think in my business a PC is more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
                Nor are they here to help you find the ON switch....
                Hey! I know where the on switch is!

Comment

Mac vs PC

After all the time i've spent goofing around with a PC I've become relatively handy. However when my neighbor had an issue with his Mac computer i could not help him. Maybe I would find these new Macs to be easier to work with-- I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                  X