IRS mailing addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS mailing addresses

Anybody know if these are the same as last year?

addresses

At irs.gov, under the Tax Pro tab, there's a link to calendar year 2007 mailing addresses. Lists addresses for both tax pros and individuals. Didn't notice whether anything changed.

Comment

A few have changed as Service attempts to smooth out the paper volume among Service Centers. As BP noted available on IRS web site.

Comment

where to mail tax returns?

I had heard that the Chamblee, GA service center was closing or had closed.
        Where are South Carolina returns to be mailed? Perhaps Kansas? Letters from
        IRS to taxpayers in this area have been coming from Kansas (I believe).

Irs.Gov, under Tax Pro Tab says they should be mailed to Atlanta, Ga.

I sent an email to Drake Tax Software Support and they advised that their records
        indicate returns should be mailed to Philadelphia, PA.
        Last edited by dyne; 12-08-2006, 07:27 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Mailing address

There must be a better way.

How bout IRS, U.S.A. with a return receipt requested.
          Confucius say:
          He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

wgere to mail returns

I just received an email from Drake Software which advises that tax returns from
            South Carolina should be mailed to:
            Atlanta, GA 39901-0002.

THAT is where I will mail them as I have a box of envelopes with this address on them.

Comment

Better way

Originally posted by RLymanC
              There must be a better way.

How bout IRS, U.S.A. with a return receipt requested.
              There use to be a better way, here in Michigan everything use to be sent to Internal Revenue Service, Cincinnati, OH 45999. Then it was send 1040 estimates here and 1040 amounts due there and if you are getting a refund you send it over to this place. With business returns and no tax due you send them to the old Cinci address, but if there is a tax due you send it here, except the 940 with an amount do goes over to this place.

Insanity.
              I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

IRS probably believes that this will make us more willing to e-file all the returns.

Comment

Originally posted by dyne
                  We should advise our clients in our newsletter or in person that they can possibly save some
                  tax IF they have low income and stock to sell, perhaps they should sell if they will have a long-term gain during 2009 and 2010 and IF they will REMAIN in the 10% or 15% tax bracket. Those in the 10% and 15% tax bracket are taxed at a reduced 5% tax rate on long-term capital gains, except that such sales made during 2009 and 2010 are taxed at 0% instead of 5%. You cannot get much better than 0% tax. AMT could come into play and wipe out this benefit.
                  This was posted to the wrong thread by mistake.

Comment

Working...
                  X