New ATX program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John of PA
    Where are all the Quick Reference Charts in the tax book? Are they together? If your refering to the few charts on the front coverr, they are very good, but are not nearly as compresensive as the PPC charts. My PPC charts are indeed all in one place. I keep them in a folder all together. They come in sporadically with the bi monthly Memo's. When a chart come in (or an update of a chart) I simply copy it and put it in the folder. I would like to see THE TAX BOOK (and QF) better utilize the valuable space on the inside front cover and back covers with more charts, rather than IRS statictics and info about the authors.

Good point!
    One frequently asked question that is on page 1-1 rather than on the cover is the maximum earnings subject to social security tax. Another similar item is the question of at what point SS is reduced if you retire before being entitled to full SS which is hidden away on page 1-5. I think I will tape this information to the cover of my 2006 tax year Tax book .
    Last edited by Joe Btfsplk; 12-03-2006, 06:46 AM.

Comment

You can't fit everything everyone wants all on one front cover. That is why TTB puts it all on the first few pages of every Tab section. For example, ALL of the inflation adjusted numbers are on the first few pages of Tab 1, What's new. ALL of the Schedule A quick reference items are on the first few pages of Tab 4. ALL of the Schedule C quick reference items are on the first few pages of Tab 5. ALL of the Schedule D quick reference items are on the first few pages of Tab 6. And so on.

No single cardboard sheet can cover as much info as you will find on the first few pages of each Tab section in the book. All you have to do is ask yourself, what am I looking for? What form or schedule does it relate to. Chances are, it is on the first few pages of that Tab, or in the Table of context in the upper left corner of the first page of any tab.

It is also interesting to note that if you want to do PLANNING for 2007, you ought to have all the 2007 indexed numbers available. TTB puts all of the numbers for every year all in one location on pages 1-2 through 1-5, including 2007. The most common planning issue a professional does for a client is to plan for the following year’s estimated taxes. A planning book is not a planning book if it does not provide the numbers needed for the following year.
      Last edited by Bees Knees; 12-03-2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA
        Where are all the Quick Reference Charts in the tax book? Are they together? If your refering to the few charts on the front coverr, they are very good, but are not nearly as compresensive as the PPC charts. My PPC charts are indeed all in one place. I keep them in a folder all together. They come in sporadically with the bi monthly Memo's. When a chart come in (or an update of a chart) I simply copy it and put it in the folder. I would like to see THE TAX BOOK (and QF) better utilize the valuable space on the inside front cover and back covers with more charts, rather than IRS statictics and info about the authors.
        Pages 1-2 thru 1-5 of the Tax book has a lot of the information you need to supplement the information on the cover.

Comment

Working...
        X