Sequence in Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sequence in Threads

I notice that when when someone posts to the various threads, that they may not be in the sequence posted. Sometimes you have to read the list of responses, at least the date and time posted, to be able to find the most recent response.

Am I making sense?

In the thread on "PROVIDE DEPRECIATION DETAIL", there are 21 posts today, at 5:30 AM CST. Yet post # 10 is the most recent post, today, at 5:14 AM. Following it are posts that were made yesterday and before.
    Jiggers, EA

Sequences

Jiggers / Maybe you're using the "hybrid" mode of display. Change it to "linear" mode and the posts will appear one after the other in the proper time sequence they were posted.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Black Bart
      Jiggers / Maybe you're using the "hybrid" mode of display. Change it to "linear" mode and the posts will appear one after the other in the proper time sequence they were posted.
      "I see", said the blind man to the wall!
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Sequence in Threads

How do you change to linear?
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

You're welcome or,

"no problem," as the younger set says.

Actually, I can't figure out those "hybrid" and "threaded" modes -- they're too smart for me or something. My computer defaults to "hybrid" when I first come on the board and that mode has the advantage of being able to see all the posts at once, but, as you say, they're not listed in the order they were posted and that spoils it for me. If they were in time-posted order (kinda like the old Quickfinder board), then it would be handy to use the hybrid method. As it's set up now, it doesn't make sense to me (and others I'll bet).

I always switch to "linear" when I come on and it's handy to just scroll down all the open posts if I want, but at other times it would be handy to see the title of each post like the hybrid has it except that they're out of time-order (at least they are to me).

Comment

Change from Hybrid to Linear

Originally posted by Uncle Sam

Go to QUICK LINKS, EDIT OPTIONS, THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

Changing it

Originally posted by Uncle Sam
              Sam / When you first come on the board you'll see all threads. Click on any of one them and then look at the top right of the board and you'll see the words "Display Mode." Click on that and a drop-down box will give you three choices. Click on the "Linear Mode" and it will change to that.

Comment

Jiggers

The way you're doing it -- does that fix it on "linear" from then on every time you visit the board? If it does, that's what I've been looking for, as mine always defaults to "hybrid" and I have to switch it to "linear" every time I come on the board

Comment

Sequense in Threads

Thanks Jiggers. I've changed it. I hope it works.
                  Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
                  X