Christmas Meal redux(again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indigestible deductible business meals

Generally I find the office Christmas meal is not digestible at all, but that's not one of the choices.
    If memory serves me correctly, seems like I remember you telling someone on a board that you were always visiting culinary sites searching for cooking techniques and delicious, digestible meals to prepare. Surely, you found some you could use at your office dinner!

Do I have you confused with someone else?

Dennis

Comment

the whole enchilada

>>visiting culinary sites searching for cooking techniques<<

Not I, although a year ago I did mention that I am a baker (defending against a scurrilous insult from another board member).

Actually, like many of my posts the previous one is a lie. My boss treats the staff with excellent taste. And now I am ready to vote, so I go 100% for the whole enchilada.
      Last edited by jainen; 11-30-2006, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Insult

Not I, although a year ago I did mention that I am a baker (defending against a scurrilous insult from another board member).
        Did this person, who personally attacked you, speak with a Southern accent?

Dennis

Comment

long ago

>>Did this person, who personally attacked you, speak with a Southern accent?<<

Simply a misunderstanding--all was forgiven long ago.

Comment

Veritas -- No, no, no.

Originally posted by veritas

...a...poor...poll....I think I may leave the polls to the experts.
            Don't give up the ship now -- that was just a minor oversight and you're doing great (don't pay any attention to SuperSurfer). On the first choice, you could have just said "The meals are NOT deductible" and it would've worked out fine.

Next time will be okay, which brings me to this: how about posting a poll with these two choices (and/or whatever else you want to say).

We ARE required to furnish the CPA a depreciation schedule.

We ARE NOT required to furnish the CPA a depreciation schedule.

I would, but I'm tired of it and Bees has resigned (temporarily I hope) in protest because some smart aleck said he wasn't funny. So, the hopes and dreams of the team are riding on you (or Dennis if he has to fill in for you).
            Last edited by Black Bart; 11-30-2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Poll

Bart,

I'm up to the task, but it'll have be done a little later today. Besides, I need the practice of making a poll (not that I'll be doing many!).

A second on Veritas' great, thought-provoking poll. It got a lot of votes, twice the number of mine!

Check in later!

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart
                We ARE required to furnish the CPA a depreciation schedule.

We ARE NOT required to furnish the CPA a depreciation schedule.
                How about wording the poll:

We ARE required to furnish the PROFESSIONAL PERSON a depreciation schedule.

We ARE NOT required to furnish the PROFESSIONAL PERSON a depreciation schedule.

Your wording implies a CPA is a bad guy and everyone knows I'm just a lovable old fart!

Comment

Hmmm,

Maybe Bees was right awhile back when he said "all tax preparers are CPAs to ordinary people." I guess they are to me too.

Okay, looks like Dennis is taking your PP designation and going with it.

Years ago a customer asked me "Are you the CP?" I told him I wasn't and he seemed very confused -- I later felt I should have confirmed his diagnosis of all tax professionals as CPs (the customer is always right).

Comment

Working...
                  X