Florida LLC partnership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida LLC partnership

My client is a resident of California but has a LLC partnership , rental properties registered in Florida .. I have filed the 1065 for the federal, FLA has no state tax , but I found something that says FLA has a tax on LLC's .. any guidance on what forms to file, if any .. and instructions ?? Mike

Did you search the various The Tax Book research products? They are a great value. Or, search FL's website. Or, go back and ask your "something" more questions.

Comment

I have not researched TTB resources, just started with this forum to try and zero in on someone's experience with Florida LLC's
      I had read on the FLA website about the LLC tax but didn't find much detail
      if anyone has had Florida experience with LLC taxation , I'd appreciate any guidance Mike

Comment

Some sources...

[QUOTE=msmcquiddy;192682]I have not researched TTB resources, just started with this forum to try and zero in on someone's experience with Florida LLC's
        I had read on the FLA website about the LLC tax but didn't find much detail
        if anyone has had Florida experience with LLC taxation , I'd appreciate any guidance Mike[/QUOT

1) TheTaxBook - States Business Tax Summary 33-7

Partnership/LLC Filing Requirements

Every Florida partnership having any partner subject to the Florida Cor-
        porate Income Tax Code is required to file Form F-1065. An LLC with a
        corporate partner, if classified as a partnership for federal tax purposes,
        is also required to file Form F-1065. A Florida partnership is a partnership
        formed under the laws of Florida or a partnership doing business, earning
        or receiving income, or existing in Florida.

and

2) Florida Dept. of Revenue tax website:

Instructions for Preparing Form F-1065 Florida Partnership Information Return
        In Brief:

General Instructions Who Must File Florida Form F-1065? Every Florida partnership having any partner subject to the Florida Corporate Income Tax Code must file Florida Form F-1065. A limited liability company with a corporate partner, if classified as a partnership for federal tax purposes, must also file Florida Form F-1065. A Florida partnership is a partnership doing business, earning income, or existing in Florida. Note: A foreign (out-of-state) corporation that is a partner in a Florida partnership or a member of a Florida joint venture is subject to the Florida Income Tax Code and must file a Florida Corporate Income/ Franchise Tax Return (Florida Form F-1120). A corporate taxpayer filing Florida Form F-1120 may use Florida Form F-1065 to report the distributive share of its partnership income and apportionment factors from a partnership or joint venture that is not a Florida partnership.
        Last edited by TAXNJ; 09-20-2018, 11:50 AM.
        Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
        X