Tax on $ 115,000 taxable income MFJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax on $ 115,000 taxable income MFJ

Spilled coffee on my tax 2018 tax tables. Trying to help client es taxes for 2018.What is tax on taxable income $ 115,000 MFJ

Originally posted by tomthomas View Post
    Spilled coffee on my tax 2018 tax tables. Trying to help client es taxes for 2018.What is tax on taxable income $ 115,000 MFJ
    Google 2018 tax rates and you'll be all set to go.

Comment

Or....

See Page 2 of the December 27, 2017 19 page explanation of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on the TTB web site.

We have to conclude the original post has considered any possible capital gain rate and/or kiddie tax issues) (see pages 3 and 4 of the same summary).
      Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

If that's the first tax question you've had in the three years since you've joined this forum, you deserve another cup of coffee!
        "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Here you go. Watch that second cup of coffee!

Tax equals:

Taxable Income Bracket
          $ 0 to 19,050 × 10.0% minus $ 0.00
          19,051 to 77,400 × 12.0% minus 381.00
          77,401 to 165,000 × 22.0% minus 8,121.00
          165,001 to 315,000 × 24.0% minus 11,421.00
          315,001 to 400,000 × 32.0% minus 36,621.00
          400,001 to 600,000 × 35.0% minus 48,621.00
          600,001 and over × 37.0% minus 60,621.00
          Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Tax on $ 115,000

Thank so much,you're the only one that helped me.

Comment

Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
              Google 2018 tax rates and you'll be all set to go.
              Thanks, I was in a hurry.

Comment

Thanks, Rapid Robert, no rapid help from you. I've never had to use this in 3 years and now I see why.

Comment

Thank so much,you're the only one that helped me.
                  But he didn't answer your question. You wanted someone to calculate the specific tax on a specific taxable income. All that was posted was a tax table, for regular tax only, not the other possible tax rates that might apply.

Better go get that third cup of coffee!
                  "You said it, they'll never know the difference. Come on, we'll paint our way out!" - Moe Howard

Comment

Thanks, Rapid Robert, no rapid help from you. I've never had to use this in 3 years and now I see why.
                    With an attitude like that, it is unlikely that anybody will want to help you anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Robert View Post
                      But he didn't answer your question. You wanted someone to calculate the specific tax on a specific taxable income. All that was posted was a tax table, for regular tax only, not the other possible tax rates that might apply.

Better go get that third cup of coffee!
                      Based on the limited information originally posted it is difficult in my opinion to calculate actual tax amount. OP really wanted to get the tax table since he spilled coffee on it. Yes he could have googled it but I think other members here could have helped him out. After all this forum is for each of us to help our fellow tax professionals.
                      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
                        Yes he could have googled it but I think other members here could have helped him out. After all this forum is for each of us to help our fellow tax professionals.
                        Indeed, participants such as RR and TGB do help their fellow colleagues. However, remember the phrase "God helps those who help themselves". The original poster was "in a hurry". It took far longer to do four posts on this board than to get an answer to a question which really needed no help.

Comment

Originally posted by New York Enrolled Agent View Post
                          Indeed, participants such as RR and TGB do help their fellow colleagues. However, remember the phrase "God helps those who help themselves". The original poster was "in a hurry". It took far longer to do four posts on this board than to get an answer to a question which really needed no help.
                          Correct. I agree.
                          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Thanks, I was in a hurry.
                            Which is why you should have googled it. You'd have had your answer in 15 seconds. It took longer to post the question than it would have to look it up. Then after posting it, you'd have to wait until someone actually saw the question, which on a forum with as few participants as this one, who knows when that would be. Then you'd have to constantly check the forum or your email to see if a response was posted.
                            "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Working...
                            X