Manafort Tax Fraud Trial. Unbelievable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manafort Tax Fraud Trial. Unbelievable!

One Manafort accountant, Cindy Laporta, said she went along with falsifying his tax records because she feared confronting her longtime client.

Hello! We confront our clients all season long when they want to do something that is illegal. If they don't agree we disengage!
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Do you have any proof that she's a licensed tax professional that has Ethics rules to comply with under Circular 230?
    If you do - then be a good boy scout and report her to IRS or State Board of Accountancy.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
      Do you have any proof that she's a licensed tax professional that has Ethics rules to comply with under Circular 230?
      If you do - then be a good boy scout and report her to IRS or State Board of Accountancy.
      I believe she was employed by a CPA firm https://www.kwccpa.com/firm/affiliations-memberships/
      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Interesting - she wasn't listed in either office where they listed the staff.
        Even then, even if she was listed, doesn't prove she was a licensed person.
        I'm NOT defending her - but just showing that a non-licensed person doesn't have the same
        professional responsibilities as licensed person does.
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sam View Post
          Interesting - she wasn't listed in either office where they listed the staff.
          Even then, even if she was listed, doesn't prove she was a licensed person.
          I'm NOT defending her - but just showing that a non-licensed person doesn't have the same
          professional responsibilities as licensed person does.
          Do you think the firm will display her name after the notoriety? I wonder if the firm got immunity as well?

Here is from FoxNews: Cynthia Laporta, a certified public accountant with the firm KWC who is testifying with immunity, admitted she did have concerns about the representations given to her about loans by Manafort and his business partner, Rick Gates.

Comment

Immunity or not.....I'm guessing she's looking for a different line of work. I wouldn't think that OPR is bound by that immunity, nor her state CPA Society.

Comment

Working...
            X