Quote Originally Posted by ATSMAN View Post
Do not file a 1065 if the business is a sole prop. When taxpayer gets that letter from IRS for 1065 let them know it is a Sch C that is or will be filed because it is a sole prop..
Agree. Tell IRS to cancel EIN as it is unnecessary, as TP organized as a SMLLC. If that is actually what he did, he should have the paperwork from the state. (If he did nothing but apply for an EIN and did not organize an entity through the state authorities, then just tell IRS that.)