SEP IRA Deduction question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEP IRA Deduction question

I am an employer who has a SEP-IRA, I wants to contribute to my SEP IRA for year 2017 on my filing date on October 15, 2018. I have one employee, and my understanding is the I can contribute to the SEP IRA for 2017 on October 15, 2018 when I file my tax return. My question is, can I deduct my contribution to my employee's SEP IRA for my 2017 tax return as my business expense although I am going to contribute on the employees account on October 15, 2018?

You will want to discuss this with your business' tax advisor who knows what type of business you have, as well as your whole financial picture.

This is a site for tax preparers to discuss tax issues with other preparers.

Comment

Originally posted by lmelcher View Post
      I am an employer who has a SEP-IRA, I wants to contribute to my SEP IRA for year 2017 on my filing date on October 15, 2018. I have one employee, and my understanding is the I can contribute to the SEP IRA for 2017 on October 15, 2018 when I file my tax return. My question is, can I deduct my contribution to my employee's SEP IRA for my 2017 tax return as my business expense although I am going to contribute on the employees account on October 15, 2018?
      See TheTaxbook page 13-16 (and other pages for SEP IRA) that may be related to your scenario.
      Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Working...
      X