LLC in NC with apportionment of income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC in NC with apportionment of income

I have a 1065 return I am working on and must be through this weekend. Maybe I'm not thinking clearly because I am so tired! I did the apportionment on the D-403 and the apportionment is showing correctly. However, the NC K-1's are showing ALL the income just like Federal. Is that correct and it will be adjusted on the personals?

I can force an adjustment to the NC k-1's or I can adjust on the personals. I'm just questioning if these NC K-1's are correct showing all income not just NC's portion?

Comment

Ok, just read NC Gen. statutes and it does not appear that it is appropriate to make that an "other dedection" for the NC k-1. I prepare their personals as well, and I will be sure that is done correctly, my big concern is whether or not it is correct for the NC K-1 to show the total income like the federal even though less than half is actually NC taxable. I really need some guidance from an experienced person on this. This is the first time I have ever prepared a 1065 with apportionment. HELP!!!!

Comment

I think I have come to the conclusion that the NC is based on the total income of the LLC and the adjustments for NC income will have to be on personals. If I am wrong someone PLEASE tell me!

Comment

Working...
        X