When does e-file open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does e-file open?

I can't seem to find an official answer.

The IRS has not announced the date, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      The IRS has not announced the date, yet.
      That explains why I can't find it. Thanks.

Comment

Opens January 29, 2018!

IR-2018-01, January 4, 2018 ― The Internal Revenue Service announced today that the nation’s tax season will begin Monday, Jan. 29, 2018 and reminded taxpayers claiming certain tax credits that refunds won’t be available before late February.

Mary Cheek, CPA, EA
        The mountains are calling & I must go & I will work on while I can, studying incessantly. John Muir, 1873

Comment

Do I remember correctly that, if an EIC was involved, then refunds were delayed for a time last year?

If so how long was the delay and had a similar delay been announced this year?

Comment

Originally posted by LCP View Post
            Do I remember correctly that, if an EIC was involved, then refunds were delayed for a time last year?

EITC and refundable child tax credit refunds are held until Feb 15. This was mandated by Congress, so it will not change unless Congress changes the law.

Comment

From the link above:

"The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards starting on Feb. 27, 2018, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with the tax return. "

Comment

Also from the News Release link provided by macheek:
                "The nation’s tax deadline will be April 17 this year-"

Comment

efile date

Received an email from IRS. E file date is 1-29th

Comment

They announced that EIC refunds will not go out until the end of Feb.
                    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by taxea View Post
                      They announced that EIC refunds will not go out until the end of Feb.
                      I believe the date they posted was Feb 27th. But this does not stop those who get refund anticipation loans to be calling as soon as they get their W2.
                      Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by ATSMAN View Post
                        I believe the date they posted was Feb 27th. But this does not stop those who get refund anticipation loans to be calling as soon as they get their W2.
                        In the case of RAL's I believe the EIC will be withheld from the refund if issued prior to 2/27
                        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

When does e-file open

There are no RALS. There are Advances. They are repaid when the refund is received. The difference is no fee to taxpayer and no refund no repayment.

Comment

I thought I read the ENTIRE refunds are being held until mid-February, not just the EIC portion &/or the ACTC portion. Those refunds to start hitting bank accounts 27 February.

Comment

When does e-file open

Yes if you have either credit the earliest date is 02/15/2018.

Comment

Working...
                              X