Quote Originally Posted by Duane Anderson View Post
I cannot find a reference but a Canadian citizen who lives in Canada want to invest in Notes Receivable secured by US real estate and will earn interest income on these notes....I assume this Cdn citizen needs to file and pay US income taxes on those earnings...All other earnings are in Canada...Thanks,,,Duane Anderson
Perhaps this issue, who pays which taxes on what income, is covered by the U.S. Canada Tax Treaty.

However, you really didn't pose a question as such.

Your post suggests readers cannot assume you have consulted with IRS Publication 597 and perhaps 519.

PUB 597 would be a good place to start your research.

Other issues may be present, including taxpayer identification number, foreign ownership of certain notes receivable and others.