Quote Originally Posted by RWG1950 View Post
so it is correct to keep this AMT capital loss carryforward on its own separate "D" and continue to reduce it by $ 3,000 yearly ? ( assuming the taxpayer does not incur AMT for the tax year )
Based on what you've stated, yes. As long as the annual gain or loss amounts are the same in a given year, there would be no adjustment for this item on Form 6251.