Quote Originally Posted by rona77 View Post
i have a new client & his wife has a carry forwrd loss. The problem is they have been married several years and he has never claimed it. How do I do this?
What type of loss?

Have been been filing Joint returns since they have been married?

The taxpayer can amend the prior years to claim the loss for those years. If there is any loss that has not been used up, add it to the current year return. Even if the taxpayer chooses not to amend prior years, you would need to calculate what could have been used to determine if any of it will carry to the current year.