PTIN Renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN Renewal?

Tried to renew but was not sucessful. Is it not available yet or just me?

I thought PTIN renewal is not normally available until October unless you are notified by the IRS as one of the "lucky" ones who can renew early.

Comment

PTIN Early Renewal

The PTIN early renewal period doesn't normally start until early October. It doesn't come during the summer.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Can't renew PTIN in July. . .

Originally posted by zeros View Post
        Tried to renew but was not sucessful. Is it not available yet or just me?
        Way too early to renew a PTIN. In past years, cannot do so until some time in October.

Of course, with the PTIN fees now apparently history, there is some question as to what form ANY "renewal" for the upcoming tax season will eventually take.

You may wish to review this information from the IRS:

FE

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
          Way too early to renew a PTIN. In past years, cannot do so until some time in October.

Of course, with the PTIN fees now apparently history, there is some question as to what form ANY "renewal" for the upcoming tax season will eventually take.

You may wish to review this information from the IRS:

FE
          I was not aware of this class action. Thanks!!

Comment

Reimbursement for past fees

Any IRS statement if past fees will be reimbursed?
            Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

Just heard from IRS Preparer Office

And they do not have any information if past years fees will be reimbursed
              Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Comment

PTIN fee refunds

From link above, posted on July 20th:

Q: Will PTIN holders be receiving refunds for previous fees paid?
                A: The IRS, working with the Department of Justice, is considering how to proceed. As additional information becomes available, it will be posted on our Tax Pros page.

Q: Do I need to contact the IRS or file a claim for refund for previously paid PTIN fees?
                A: Do not contact the IRS. Any questions regarding claims or refunds should be directed to the PTIN Fees Class Action Administrator at www.ptinclassaction.com.

FE

Comment

Email from Uncle Sam

TaxPro_PTIN@irs.gov

Sep 25 (2 days ago)

In the next few days, we will begin accepting Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) renewals for 2018. We will send another e-mail once renewal season officially opens.

In the meantime, we want to remind you that while you are required to provide an e-mail address for PTIN communications, the e-mail address is not required to be your company e-mail. It only has to be an e-mail account that you check regularly for PTIN communications.

If you have concerns about the misuse of your company e-mail, any increased potential for identity theft related to your e-mail, or cyber intrusions and scams related to your e-mail, please know that you are not required to use your company e-mail address on your PTIN account. Again, you are only required to provide an e-mail address that you check regularly for PTIN communications. It can be ANY e-mail address, but the e-mail address you provide WILL be included in published PTIN listings.

If you want to change the email address on your PTIN account, select "Edit Login Information" at the top right corner of the Main Menu and follow the prompts.

Thank you for your contributions to effective tax administration and I hope this information is helpful.

Carol A. Campbell
                  Director, Return Preparer Office
                  Internal Revenue Service

*** Note: This is an automated email. DO NOT reply to this message.
                  Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

PTIN Renewal Received?

Wondering if the renewal notices have been sent out?

Comment

PTIN renewal notification from IRS

Originally posted by zeros View Post
                      Wondering if the renewal notices have been sent out?
                      If you received the email cut/pasted above by Brian EA, then you are "in the system" to get a related email re when the PTIN gates open.

Excerpt from that email: "We will send another e-mail once renewal season officially opens."

Nothing in my email box yet. Not on my worry list on October 4th. I've still got to put the finishing touches on a 2016 monster tax return.

FE

Comment

Renewed PTIN today 16 Oct

Piece of cake! Only took a couple of minutes. Essentially answered I've "behaved" and paid my taxes.

( Acted in response to an incoming email from irs.gov . )

No fee, and no mention of any return of prior PTIN fees.

FE

Comment

Logged into my account and there is no option for renewal. Strange.

Comment

That is because it's NOT open yet. I called IRS at the phone number listed, and was told the renewal for next year is not operating yet.
                            All you get on the final certificate where it says PTIN - is ASFP 2017 instead of your PTIN number, even though the next line says Application 2018 Renewal.
                            Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Got my renewal done.

Evidently not all preparer can renew early.

Congratulations! To thank you for repeatedly renewing your Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) early, you have the opportunity to renew your PTIN before the season opens to other tax return preparers. The PTIN system is ready to accept your renewal from Oct. 16 through Oct. 18. Should you miss this opportunity, you can still renew your PTIN during renewal season beginning later in the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X