Domestic Production credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domestic Production credit

Had a question asked of me that I do not have the answer. The guy is a "sub" for drilling the underground holes/tunnels for the wiring to get to the windmills. Is he manufacturing and selling a product that would qualify for the product? I think I was the fourth person asked and I did not have enough knowledge to answer - I am still confused in the architects qualifying.

Originally posted by JON View Post
    Had a question asked of me that I do not have the answer. The guy is a "sub" for drilling the underground holes/tunnels for the wiring to get to the windmills. Is he manufacturing and selling a product that would qualify for the product? I think I was the fourth person asked and I did not have enough knowledge to answer - I am still confused in the architects qualifying.
    First off, it's a deduction, not a credit. If this is a SP without employees, then no deduction. The instructions for 8903 are actually pretty good, as is this article. http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/.../20102727.html

Comment

Yes a deduciotn

He has a team(s) that puts this in he grosses millions and netted millions and has a lot of salaries. I am not sure there is any ownership, but there seems to be some that work. There are huge contracts - he is locked up for a few years it sounds like. All midwestern States.

Comment

He gets the deduction

He gets the deduction, but only if he has a job-cost ledger and the appropriate costs (including W-2 labor) are collected for this production.

There is no danger of the prime contractor duplicating the deduction because the prime paid the subcontractor and did not pay W-2 labor that the sub provided. If the prime also had W-2 labor in addition to paying the sub, the prime may be entitled to his share of the costs.

Strange about DPAD, it is a deduction for taxes only, and is not supported by a charge to the general ledger.

Comment

Working...
        X