Indiana Payment Coupon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indiana Payment Coupon??

I cannot find a payment voucher to send in an amount due. Is there a voucher or is on-line the only option? How does someone pay if they don't have a computer?

Originally posted by Burke View Post
    I cannot find a payment voucher to send in an amount due. Is there a voucher or is on-line the only option? How does someone pay if they don't have a computer?
    If it's on an e-filed return there should be a PFC (post filing coupon) generated by software. If it's with a paper return the payment just goes with the return and no special coupon.

Comment

None required?

Form the instruction booklet...

"Make your check, money order or cashier’s check payable to: Indiana Department of Revenue. Just include the payment loose in the envelope. Do not staple it to the return. Do not send cash."

"You may also pay using the electronic eCheck payment method. This service uses a paperless check and may be used to pay the tax due with your Indiana individual income tax return, as well as any billings issued by the Indiana Department of Revenue for any tax type. To pay, go to www.in.gov/dor/4340.htm and follow the step-by-step instruc- tions. You will receive a confirmation number and should keep this with your tax filling records. The fee for using this service is $1."

They also list a credit card option, but nothing I see uses a voucher. Strange indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
        If it's on an e-filed return there should be a PFC (post filing coupon) generated by software. If it's with a paper return the payment just goes with the return and no special coupon.
        The software is not generating anything, and I can't find such a form on the IN tax website either. I am filing electronically so I guess the only option is to make up one myself with the pertinent information on it to include with the check! Or include a copy of the page of the return which has the amount due on it.

Comment

The software is not generating anything, and I can't find such a form on the IN tax website either. I am filing electronically so I guess the only option is to make up one myself with the pertinent information on it to include with the check! Or include a copy of the page of the return which has the amount due on it.
          Very strange that if you e-file a balance due return that your software is not generating the PFC. I would not send a check with a page of the IT40 as my experience with INDOR is that they don't handle anything unusual correctly. If client doesn't have computer access, you could put through the payment at www.in.gov/dor/epay for them. Or if you PM me you e-mail I can pdf a blank PFC to you that I printed from my software.

Comment

Geesh...I am a little bit sheepish. I found it in the software, as an attachment to the bottom of a letter! (which I did not select to print since I do my own and it was not visible unless I scrolled down to the bottom...) Usually, these forms can be found on the state's tax website, but I did not have any luck there. Thanks for your help, as once I knew what it was called and that it was Form PFC, I located it.

Comment

Geesh...I am a little bit sheepish. I found it in the software, as an attachment to the bottom of a letter! (which I did not select to print since I do my own and it was not visible unless I scrolled down to the bottom...) Usually, these forms can be found on the state's tax website, but I did not have any luck there. Thanks for your help, as once I knew what it was called and that it was Form PFC, I located it.
              Yeah, IN is strange... One thing to point out in case you missed it. If TP was not a resident as of 1/1/16, they are exempt from county tax for the entire year.

Comment

Yes, if you do not input a county code for residence as of 1/1/16, it goes away. This was a part-year so that applied. Thanks. PS: I have never seen a PY with so many schedules!

Comment

Working...
                X