Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Scam

This is awful - email received - beware

It is pathetic in notifying you of this incident. I am Anthony Gomez a legal representative to a late client who had the same surname with yours. He died leaving a valuable fund in one of our local banks, Please get back for more details.

Respectfully,

Mr. Anthony C. Gomez.

I would have replied (using my special "scams and spam" e-mail address) just to play along and see what it's about.
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

He will promise to release funds to you but payments of some sort will have to be sent overseas first...... har-de-har.....he doesn't know who he is dealing with! I love the use of "pathetic."
      Last edited by Burke; 02-21-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Burke, off topic but do you happen to be in the DC area of VA? Asking because my Secret Service clients are xferring out of Chicago office to DC. I'm keeping the ones that land in MD, but not real exciting about learning VA for one or 2 clients. You seem to be on the ball, and would happily recommend them to you if it would work out.

Comment

Spam email

Can't believe your junk mail filter did not dispatch that message automatically. (Who is your email provider?)

I just checked my junk mail, and surprise!! Messages there state I have a couple of undeliverable FedEx packages I need to claim as well as my Costco and PenPal accounts need updating.

I've never had a Costco account, nor a PenPal account. nor a Bank of America account, nor a (whatever) account referenced in these messages. I never would have known they were there, except today I decided to check my junk mail folder to see what goodies were lurking there. (I deleted all of them, and read none.)

Just avoid answering, in any way, such messages. R Slugg can have some fun with the jerks, but be VERY careful how you handle such entertainment.

FE

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
            Burke, off topic but do you happen to be in the DC area of VA? Asking because my Secret Service clients are xferring out of Chicago office to DC. I'm keeping the ones that land in MD, but not real exciting about learning VA for one or 2 clients. You seem to be on the ball, and would happily recommend them to you if it would work out.
            Sending you a PM.

Comment

Working...
            X