Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 & 1096, W2 & W3 form order

Hi all,

how/where do you order your printable 1099 & 1096, W2 & W3 forms? It's free from IRS but it appears that they only give you the carbon copies which need to be handwritten. I would like to know where to get printable forms not handwritten ones.

Thanks in advance!

Monarch Accounting Supplies.

I don't know if you are interested but you may e-file your 1099's via the IRS FIRE system. It may be to late to register, though. That's what I use and since I do very little 1099's for my clients, I use the Quick & Easy W-2/!099 Software with e-filing capacity. The non-IRS forms are printed on plain paper so no need to order special forms.

Comment

I use Tenenz...
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

If you use QuickBooks, you can efile via QB or order forms from them. I have my clients pick up forms at Staples. Forms for ONLY 1099s that need the red copy. Plain paper for W-2s. I've even used the free IRS forms, separating them and running each group (Copy A, Copy 1, etc.) through the printer or running only the red copies through the printer and printing the rest on plain paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
          If you use QuickBooks, you can efile via QB or order forms from them. I have my clients pick up forms at Staples. Forms for ONLY 1099s that need the red copy. Plain paper for W-2s. I've even used the free IRS forms, separating them and running each group (Copy A, Copy 1, etc.) through the printer or running only the red copies through the printer and printing the rest on plain paper.
          Just be aware that the plain paper W-2's for employees must be on perforated paper or cut apart and the instructions that are on forms must also be provided to employees.

Comment

The packets that print forms on plain paper by Copy A, Copy 1, etc., have a copy of instructions to print. I have used scissors for a few forms and my more expensive perforated paper that works for both W-2s and 1099s, maybe through QB (don't remember since I bought it some time ago and haven't run out yet).

Comment

TAS Accounting Systems

TAS Accounting Systems
              34 Coleman Street
              Seekonk, MA 02771-4427
              Phone 508-761-7373

Been using them for years - very inexpensive. I buy only the software, but they have all manner of accessories, such as hard copy forms, perforated forms, window envelopes, etc.

Comment

Client just picked up a package from Staples with Forms 1099-MISC, Forms 1096, and window envelopes, for laser and inkjet printers.

Comment

Working...
                X