Payroll, Tax Prep & Accounting business activity codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll, Tax Prep & Accounting business activity codes

Upon looking up a business code for my client, I saw: Payroll, Tax Prep and Other accounting each had their own codes. For those of you that offer all 3 services, do you separate them out into 3 different businesses?

Tax prep

I have always used the tax prep code because that is my primary activity.

Linda, EA

Comment

Since they don't show an activity code for "Sleeping At My Desk", I use the code for Tax Prep to describe my primary activity as well.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Sometimes I feel there should be a code for "Posting on Tax Forum."

Comment

Multiple Activity Codes

Good point A-Z.

I feel that IRS should provide multiple activity code lines on Schedule C - along with the % of each activity.

I also feel that for each line of expenses we should also have corresponding number of expense lines.

Will make it much easier to audit - and make it much more convenient to provide information to both workman's comp carrier annual census and professional liability insurance carrier.

Where would we be without you A-Z?

Make this a suggestion to IRS when they redesign the Schedule C.

What will you think of next?
          Last edited by Uncle Sam; 08-25-2012, 07:42 AM.
          Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Asleep at the wheel

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
            Since they don't show an activity code for "Sleeping At My Desk", I use the code for Tax Prep to describe my primary activity as well.
            Bahahahahaha. Work thru lunch? I don't even work thru work.
            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X