Energy Efficient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy Efficient?

Client says, exterior door, interior shade and Toto (water efficient toilet) have Energy Efficient written on them but dont know about this "Manufacturers Certification" as mentioned on pg 11-14 of the Tax Library. Is that good enough to qualify?

I believe

you would have to check on it and taxpayer is required to keep a copy of the certification, but does not have to be submitted with the tax return.
    Info from the Energy Star Website http://energystar.supportportal.com/...estionID=22074

Sandy

Comment

The toilet won't qualify - conserving water isn't conserving energy, Einstein not withstanding - and I'm unsure about the shades. Most manufacturers will have their certification statements on their web sites.

Comment

Many doors and windows

do not qualify for the 2010 credits. It changed mid year 2009. and goes back to the old certification this year.
        But a door or window must meet both criteria for solar gain and heat loss of 0.30 or lower(better).
        All the windows had a sticker on them. Keep that and get the manufacturer certification. The customer is required to keep proof in their file. I require to see it before I will file for the credit. Too many energy star products do not qualify. And only the material cost of the window or door counts, not the labor, not the replacement jamb, brick molding etc.
        AJ, EA

Comment

And I don't think shades, drapes, shutters, film appliques, etc qualify either. Not on 5695.

Comment

Originally posted by Burke View Post
            And I don't think shades, drapes, shutters, film appliques, etc qualify either. Not on 5695.
            some do carry manufacturers certification as insulation.
            AJ, EA

Comment

Window Shades

Yes for 2009, I had a about 2, took some research, but found the mfg certifications, I think one was Hunter Douglas and a particular Item #

Sandy

Comment

Working...
              X