Should there have been a limit on the "Making Work Pay"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should there have been a limit on the "Making Work Pay"

Congress is paying "Making Work Pay" Credit by reducing the FICA tax by 2%.

So..........................
    A person earning 10,000 will save 200.00
    A person earning 20,000 will save 400.00
    A person earning 50,000 will save 1,000.00
    A person earning 106,800 (the max for FICA) will save 2,136.00

When last year the max was 400.00. I think congress goofed without setting a limit.

This is really going to be a big drain on the Social Security System, I think.

Current Year

You are exactly right, but remember the drain on SS doesn't get accounted for in the current year deficit.

Allows politicians to kick the can down the street and let the next congress deal with it. Consummate irresponsibility. But since when is this new?

Comment

Originally posted by Piglee View Post

When last year the (MWP credit) max was 400.00. I think congress goofed without setting a limit.

This is really going to be a big drain on the Social Security System, I think.

Ah now, not to worry about it. Projections are that social security won't be broke until the year 2037!
      (I;m not worried.)
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        Ah now, not to worry about it. Projections are that social security won't be broke until the year 2037!
        (I;m not worried.)
        I'm really worried, hell I'll only be 95 then.....where my money??????
        Last edited by BOB W; 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
        X