Tax Return Folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Return Folders

Who has the best deals for the client tax return folders? I am looking at Nelco and their most inexpensive ones are about $1 per folder. Any better deals out there? Thanks.

Duo Tang

When I first started in business I bought Duo Tang two pocket folders from TG&Y. 29 years later I am still using them. It works for me.

Comment

Since I mail all tax returns to clients, I just give them nice mailer envelope. You know the kind, white, red & blue with an address window. I never had a complaint. Been doing it for 35 years.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I am switching over this year to a mailer type envelope also. Tenenz has a envelope where you can write the refunds they are getting, put the tax year, their name, and several other items. Here is the link:
        Low Cost, High Quality Tax and Accounting Products - Search For

Completed Tax Return Envelope is what they call it.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
          I am switching over this year to a mailer type envelope also. Tenenz has a envelope where you can write the refunds they are getting, put the tax year, their name, and several other items. Here is the link:
          Low Cost, High Quality Tax and Accounting Products - Search For

Completed Tax Return Envelope is what they call it.
          Be careful these are not mailers, they are for pickup only.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

oh yes you are right. They are not to mail. I guess I meant they are large like a mailing envelope

Comment

2 pocket folders...

I'm a cheap bastard!!

Staples every year has a sale on 2 pocket folders. Walmart too. Right around the back to school time.

Staples usually sells them for .01 or .02 each - Limit 10. So, each of my 4 kids buy 10. As do I and my wife. Then we come back later that week and do it again. I've been known to pick up a few hundred when they do that.

I then print labels (see attached image) which is an image of my business card.
              Buy the labels on sale of course or some kind of staples rebate..

Didn't fair as well this year -- Missed the Staples rush -- Hopefuly I'll run out and need more!!
              Attached Files
              Matthew Jones
              Tax Preparation
              Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
              Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Trademark

You might check with one of our board members who work for the company (Travis Bickle, Snowshinethedog and White Oleander are the three i know of) but I think "Rapid Refund" is Block's trademark and I doubt your S changes anything from a legal point of view.

Comment

Drake Folders

Drake software provides a cover sheet with their name and mine on it. Has worked well over the years and I like the price!

Comment

SnowShinetheDog?

Okay... Got me on that one!!

As for Rapid Refunds - Ya know - I've never really given thought to that.. Totally innocent.
                    I have to order new Business cards anyway due to my dropping Comcast and changing to FIOS. My older cards reference "TaxReturns@Comcast.net".

I will modify that... Maybe I'll say something like...

Fastest Returns allowed by the IRS without ripping you off!! 8-)
                    Matthew Jones
                    Tax Preparation
                    Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
                    Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

How about "Don't be a Blockhead! We have the fastest refunds available!"

Note that in advertising "fastest" is allowed as long as your speed is as good as the quickest in the industry. However, if another firm is as fast as you are then you can't say you're faster than them.

Comment

But Dave

Since JH and Liberty and a few others offer the loans I don't think anyone who does not offer the loans can claim to be the fastest.

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                          Since JH and Liberty and a few others offer the loans I don't think anyone who does not offer the loans can claim to be the fastest.
                          The loan is NOT the refund, but an advance on the refund. "Fast money" isn't the same as a fast refund.

Comment

We have been using 2 pocket folders with a Business card size lable on the front since 1986. Sometimes we use the ones with prongs, sometimes not, whichever is cheapest.

In the past we have had luck getting a local chain pharmacy to either place a bulk order or we take all of their leftover back to school supplies. One time I bought 500 of them at Kmart and the cashier had to swipe each one over the scanner. Also was limitied to 100 per receipt.

Comment

Working...
                            X