E-Mail from IRS.Gov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Mail from IRS.Gov

Over the weekend I received 2 Es from irs.gov.? I believe both are a hoax. the first one makes reference to some long number and the second says update you files. both have an attachment and I am not going to download. I gues both make references to undates. Has anyone else received anything like this. The irs has said long ago the first communications will never be by E. Assuming this is someone doing there thing.

Sounds like phishing

Originally posted by JON View Post
    Over the weekend I received 2 Es from irs.gov.? I believe both are a hoax. the first one makes reference to some long number and the second says update you files. both have an attachment and I am not going to download. I gues both make references to undates. Has anyone else received anything like this. The irs has said long ago the first communications will never be by E. Assuming this is someone doing there thing.
    IRS says to forward these type of e-mail to: phishing@irs.gov
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Jiggers is correct. IRS does not contact people by email.

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Obvious phishing emails

Mine was trapped immediately as "junk" mail.

IRS never originally contacts you via email about anything.

(The return email address was probably fake - check "full headers" and you might be surprised to see the "real" origin of the message!)

FE

Comment

I have had 2 people call me, they received the e-mail. I told them that IRS never contacts you first by e-mail. It is junk, they thought it was also.

Comment

It was sent to

phishing yesterday. It was the first time I have received such...

Comment

Working...
            X