NT: Telemarketers driving me crazy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letter from IRS

Back in October (I think) I got a letter from the IRS stating that their list of EA's was accessible to everyone, that if we didn't want our address and phone number out there, we should make changes to our listing with IRS.

I thought it was a strange letter and asked some questions about it. I think I even posted a thread about it here. But no one seemed overly concerned about it.

Since then I have receive phone calls daily and emails by the boatload. They are doing surveys, CEU programs, software companies, etc. Much of the time the number is either an 800 or 866 number or blocked call and a lot of the time there is no one on the line. You would think that automated thing that dials my number every day at noon would sooner or later realize that I never answer the phone at that time so stop calling then. Fraternal Order of Police are one of the worst. They call every day. I just don't answer the phone.

I used to tell them when they called asking for money, that I was supporting my unemployed, bi-polar daughter. If they found some extra money, please send it to me. That seemed to stop them in their tracks.

Linda

Comment

AT&T... Does not call here anymore

AT&T used to call at dinner time regularly. I took the phone one night and was on the phone for close to 20 minutes. The women was very nice and I just played along - dumb as an ox...

They wanted us to switch back. We could have unlimited long distance calling for only .05 per minute and a $5 mumfly fee.

Me I said what's a Mumfly fee.? This went on for a few minutes.
      Then, I put her on hold once I understood it to be a monthly fee and told my wife they are willing to pay us $5 per month and $.05 per minute to switch back. Isn't that great honey.

By then the women is going No, No No... Sir you misunderstand..

I was so happy - Finally - they pay me!
      Wow honey this is great! I told you America is wonderful.

Sir, No.. You have to pay us..
      I said, WHAT? Why would I do that.
      For the service sir.
      What service.
      The long distance..
      Oh - we don't make long distance calls.

They stopped calling..
      Matthew Jones
      Tax Preparation
      Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
      Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Working...
      X