Draft Tax Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draft Tax Forms

in particular, wanted to view new schedules L and M. From IRS website, apparently can't even look at the draft 1040.

Is it not out yet? Or do I simply not have the skills to navigate their website?

Looks like the 2009 versions of those forms are final and on the regular forms portion of the site. I was wondering the same thing myself.

ATG
    "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
    Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

Comment

Schedule L

Edsel,
      You used to be able to type in "draft" in search and all of them would appear. I found both schedules by putting into search on the IRS site "schedule m" "schedule l"
      Hope this helps.

Comment

IRS forms

Just go to the IRS website, click on forms and type in Schedule L or Schedule M or 1040.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. Looks like they're out there, but no longer in "draft" status.

Comment

Now you've done it.

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
            Thanks for the responses. Looks like they're out there, but no longer in "draft" status.
            Until you brought up the dang L&M forms, I was blissfully unaware that they affected me. Now you've upset my whole fee-pricin' schedule -- back to the drawing board and stewing over my nickels.

Comment

Fee is Affected

Yup. I think this will add enough complexity to the tax process, and as I charge by the hour, there will be a larger bill this year without a rate increase.

Comment

the Congress is good at

making oxymorons:

The Alternative Minimum Tax, which is neither alternative or minimum.
                The Standard Deduction, which is not at all standard.

Can anyone think of any more?

ATG
                "Congress has spoken to this issue through its audible silence."
                Anyone ever notice they beat the daylights out of the definition of a child, but they don't spend much time at all defining "parent"?

Comment

Oxymorons and Redundancies

What about Redundancies?

Such as "idiot legislators"

Comment

For draft forms, I use this link:

Doug

Comment

Drafts

There it is!
                      Thanks Doug

Comment