NY LLC help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY LLC help needed

I have an LLC from PA with a sole member who is a resident of TX. He did work in NY. I am reading and getting somewhat confused.

He is a disregarded entity who files a Sch C for federal. Do a NY non-resident with his Sch C is what I had planned. Then I started looking into NY LLC info.

Does he need to do an IT-204-LL ?? If yes then OOOPS J We didn't do that by the end of January.

Is there any other NY form that he needs to do for this non-resident LLC working in NY ??

Thanks for your time and answers
    "And So It Begins!!!"

Ny Llc

If you're merely late with the IT-204-LL, then just file, pay the fee + penalty (unless you can get it waived).
    I suggest you call NYS Tax Department first - because the amount of the fee is based on NY gross income for 2007, not 2008. The minimum fee is $ 25.
    Regarding the NYS IT-203, so long as it's a Federal Schedule C - it's acceptable for reporting in NYS.

But - where in NYS did your client work? Was it in NYC or Yonkers?
    While NYC does not require non-residents to pay on income earned in NYC, Yonkers does.

If the business activity was conducted in NYC, then there's an additional form that needs to be filed directly with NYC. It's called the Unincorporated Business Tax (NYC-202).
    You need to report the Schedule C income - but you only pay a tax if the profit is in excess of $ 25,000.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Lucky for me it was NOT in NYC.

My concern tho is ...... is that the only form he has to do for NY.

He will do a non-resident IT-203 claiming his disregarded entity on a Sch C.

And if I do the IT-204-LL is that the only other NY form he has to do?

I'm also reading the instructions for that form and it seems that I go directly to Part 3 for a disregarded entity and I only have to pay the $ 25.

If he would have needed to do Part 2 then he would have owed according to his gross income. I do not see where it says he will owe more than the $ 25 if he is the disregarded entity.

His gross receipts were $ 550,000 and his net income was $ 3000.

I also appreciate the private message I received leading me to knowledge. I will also try that for some answers. Thanks a bunch.
      "And So It Begins!!!"

Comment

Working...
      X