Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest and-or Penalty Abatement-Reduction-Amended Returns for ERC - 2020 and 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest and-or Penalty Abatement-Reduction-Amended Returns for ERC - 2020 and 2021

Because the IRS waived a significant amount of penalty fees for 2020 and 2021, I thought I would ask to see if anyone has good information or success in getting any penalty and interest fees waived or adjusted for ERC amended returns related to 2020 and 2021. I have clients that received payments last August and amended their returns and the interest is calculated for due date, not when they received the money. So, is there any success in getting it waived ? (or) adjusted for when they actually received the ERC amount for 2020 and 2021, which in this case would be August 2023.

Does anyone have any success or any attempts in getting IRS to waive or adjust Interest Payments due to amending returns for 2020 or 2021 due to ERC payments received?

OR does anyone know if they are waiving penalties and interest for amended ERC Returns.

I did call the IRS they were little or no help. Just wanted to see if anyone else had attempted before I tell the client to pay it.

Thank You.

I doubt if interest will be waved since they paid interest on the ERC refunds. Penalty?, I have not seen any penalty?
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I did review their detail and they were paid for interest and do not have any penalty, so I am going to have them pay the interest amount and move on.

Comment

That's what I had to do, all $11,500
        Last edited by BOB W; 05-06-2024, 01:31 PM.
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
        X