Third Party Designee on Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Party Designee on Return

A recent update by my software (ATX) now shows the preparer information at the bottom of page 1 of the Form 1040 with a box to be checked for 3rd party designee. Sche 5a is still there but the information and box to be checked to allow the preparer to discuss the return with the IRS is no longer filled out. This obviously saves printing that Sche for the TP copy. Did everyone's software change? No information regarding this change was included in the Release Notes.

Pro had been putting it on page 1 all year. I believe Sch 6 is if there is a designee other than paid preparer.

Comment

Originally posted by kathyc2 View Post
      Pro had been putting it on page 1 all year.
      That is amazing.

Comment

Double check your early returns. I'm using ATX and that box has been there all year. I customize the master form for the box to be checked automatically.
        "Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchrist View Post
          Double check your early returns. I'm using ATX and that box has been there all year. I customize the master form for the box to be checked automatically.
          You're right, mea culpa. I think what they changed was how the info was feeding on to the return from the 1040 Main Info data sheet which was causing it to flow through to Sche 5a. I should have thought about customizing the 1040. I've used that many times.

Comment

Working...
          X