Distributions - Irrevocable Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributions - Irrevocable Trust

Distributions of dividends (qualified and other), interest and tax-exempt interest are distributed each quarter to four beneficiaries. This is not a required distribution; the trustee makes the distribution in equal amounts to the beneficiaries based on dividends and interests earned each quarter. The trust is composed of common stocks and a municipal (in-state) bond. I use Intuit Lacerte software and I want to enter the exact dollar amounts (not percentages) that were paid to the beneficiaries during the year. There is a screen in Lacerte for entering the dollar amounts for Schedule B, lines 9 or 10. As I read the instructions for the 1041 it says line 10 is for distributions not required. The columns for this line in the screen are "Ordinary", "Short Term" and "Long Term". For the K-1 for each beneficiary is it not the case that I need to show the Ordinary Dividends, Qualified Dividends, Interest and Tax-Exempt Interest separately? If that's correct then the input screen I described for Schedule B, line 10 does not have that breakdown. I am confused and I would appreciate any help during this busy time for everyone.
Working...
X