Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPad Mini -> Update (Ignore if you don't like Apple)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad Mini -> Update (Ignore if you don't like Apple)

I don't know if this is a nationwide offer by AT&T Wireless, but it's worth mentioning. If anyone has been thinking about getting an iPad Mini, but is hesitant due to the introduction of the new Mini with Retina display, here's a good compromise. AT&T will sell the current version as a closeout on a monthly installment plan, and the buyer can upgrade to the Retina version after one year. Cost for the 64 with wifi and 4G is about $33/month for 20 months (plus the cost of the data plan). The device can be purchased for about $100 less, but by taking the offer you're essentially paying an extra $100 over the life of the device to get the upgrade next year.

Some people just must have the latest & greatest, so waiting a year for the Mini with Retina display won't work for them. But for someone who wants the compactness of the Mini, this is a pretty good compromise. Actually the wait will probably be less than a year by the time it's possible to get your hands on a Mini, because there are rumors there will be shortages of the Mini through the Christmas buying season.

I'm not shilling for AT&T or Apple, but I do believe owning a tablet of some type is becoming essential in any business (even something as stodgy as accounting & tax work). A tablet sure is a time saver and a wonderful efficiency tool.
    Last edited by JohnH; 10-30-2013, 09:17 AM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith
Working...
X