Office Manager/Preparer Salary Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office Manager/Preparer Salary Suggestions

I've been told before that an Office Manager can make or break a small service office like mine. Over the last 10 years I've gone through 3 lower paying labor office managers (meaning $10-12 an hour pay - please don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with earning that kind of pay, just trying to give a reference point for discussion) which hadn't (not to their own fault or mine for hiring them mind you, that's just how it happened) been highly educated or qualified.

I have been struggling with the fact that I think I need to step up a little and pay quite a bit more (maybe double?) to get someone far more qualified and to have that individual stay longer.

I wanted opinions on how much is too much or how much is enough for a small office in small town rural America based on gross receipts maybe?

I've been interviewing people this past week as it's been tough without the help and I believe I've found someone that is overqualified, but willing to take the position based on $XX,XXX per year and want to hire her. I thought I'd just get some perspective out there. I've been in practice for 15 years and the first 5 I was able to handle it all myself, but the last 10 and most recently the last few, my practice has grown too big for its britches at the moment and where I've always done all the tax returns, my new person will also help with some of the basic returns to help with my workload.

Thanks for any help.
Working...
X