VA Return With Neighborhood Asst Tx Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA Return With Neighborhood Asst Tx Credit

Will VA allow efiling of this return? Sche CR. Software is creating efile with no errors, but how do we get the form to them? I always had to attach when paper-filing.

Appears to be OK via efile

I never heard of such a program, but my VA software has an entry point on a worksheet for same on a worksheet (Schedule CR - Part III) that transfers the amount to line 23 of Form 760.

I went through a "dummy" efile with such an entry for the NATC, and like you encountered no error messages or even any expanded "instructions" for efiling. Apparently there was (is?) a need to provide Richmond with the certificate?? If so, maybe VA has something akin to the Form 8453 route to get "strange" stuff to them?

Good luck!

FE

Comment

I know. That is what is confusing me. They have no such form as 8453 that I know of, but I have an email into the efiling help desk at the state to see if I can get a response. The credit is on the return and efile created with no problems. These are granted by the state for certain charitable contributions, and was always disallowed if the certificate was not attached to the return when filed. You have to reduce the charitable contribution deduction from the fed itemized deductions which carryover to the state if this credit is taken. (No double dipping.)

Comment

More on VA confusion

Originally posted by Burke View Post
        I know. That is what is confusing me. They have no such form as 8453 that I know of, but I have an email into the efiling help desk at the state to see if I can get a response. The credit is on the return and efile created with no problems. These are granted by the state for certain charitable contributions, and was always disallowed if the certificate was not attached to the return when filed. You have to reduce the charitable contribution deduction from the fed itemized deductions which carryover to the state if this credit is taken. (No double dipping.)
        This is the best I could come up with - perhaps the "code" is listed (was not in the past?) and therein is the difference? (BTW: There is such a thing as a VA-8453, but I don't know when it needs to be used. http://www.tax.virginia.gov/Document...53_2011(1).pdf )

FE

What Cannot Be Transmitted Electronically
        The following types of returns are excluded from electronic filing:
        �� Prior year returns
        �� Returns with foreign addresses
        �� Fiduciary returns (Form 770)
        �� Returns for any tax period other than January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
        �� Returns containing withholding reported on Form 4852, substitute W-2 or substitute 1099-R
        �� Returns containing out of state tax credits for states other than North Carolina or Maryland
        �� 763S Virginia Special Non-resident Claim for Individual Income Tax Withheld
        �� Returns containing Schedule CR credits that are not specifically allowed
        �� Returns containing IAT fund transfers

Comment

Thanks. Got a response to my email to the help desk in Richmond. Do not have to send in the NATC certificate with an e-filed return. Have to retain in my office for 3 years for audit purposes. This info was not in the Pub 1345-VA. The VA-8453 is the old form for efiling, now we use VA-8879 if federal PIN method is used. I was aware of the above except for the CR info -- guess that means something not on the form. And I have no idea what an IAT is, but have seen some references to it.
          Last edited by Burke; 04-03-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X