Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OIC immediately returned - submission was to delay or hinder collections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIC immediately returned - submission was to delay or hinder collections?

In 15 years of submitting OIC's, had my first one returned 3 weeks from mailing it in (that's a record, we usually get our first letter in about 2 months) stating that it has been returned and closed due their determination that "the offer was submitted solely to hinder or delay collection". I found out that there are no appeal rights to this action. Other than trying to work with the local RO on a resolution (ie: installment, etc.), are there any other options in regards to an OIC as the client is within the guidelines and qualifies to file one. Can you submit another one? Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by kpangelinan View Post
    In 15 years of submitting OIC's, had my first one returned 3 weeks from mailing it in (that's a record, we usually get our first letter in about 2 months) stating that it has been returned and closed due their determination that "the offer was submitted solely to hinder or delay collection". I found out that there are no appeal rights to this action. Other than trying to work with the local RO on a resolution (ie: installment, etc.), are there any other options in regards to an OIC as the client is within the guidelines and qualifies to file one. Can you submit another one? Thanks for any help.
    Try starting with Form 13711.....Did one a few years back and worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmcg View Post
      Try starting with Form 13711.....Did one a few years back and worked for me.
      I will put that on the list of things to do. It crossed my mind, but in the research I did, everyone kept saying there are no appeal rights. But since this is a request.....and because you mentioned it, it pushed me over to trying it.

Thank you very much.

Comment

say what?

What's form 13711? I searched on the IRS website and came up with two publications about actuarial tables and something about speech friendly PDF Forms.

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
          What's form 13711? I searched on the IRS website and came up with two publications about actuarial tables and something about speech friendly PDF Forms.
          It's the request for OIC appeal. Just one page.

Comment

Ty

Thank you for the info. By the way, have you filed or do you plan to file for a TAO?

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is this a new client? If so, have you checked for any previous OIC filings?

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                Thank you for the info. By the way, have you filed or do you plan to file for a TAO?
                This is #2 on my to do list as well..thanks.

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
                Just out of curiosity, is this a new client? If so, have you checked for any previous OIC filings?
                Yes, he's a new client, however, earlier this year we just reconciled and filed 10 years worth of tax returns and they've all been accepted and processed. So, if he filed (WHICH IS A GOOD POINT BTW, THANKS) an OIC previously, it was more than 10 years ago because you can't file an OIC without first, being current on all of his tax filings. I'm going to update my POA (to go back further) and check with his local RO to find out the basis of the determination, which according to the letter, was initiated by the local collections officer.

Comment

Working...
                X