Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign rental property depreciation over 40 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign rental property depreciation over 40 years?

Our clients own some rental homes and commercial properties in foreign country. In consideration of the depreciation periods are 40 years which include residential and commercial properties, we aren't sure the 40 year, straight line depreciation is correct or not. Can anyone help us in straightening the puzzle?

Originally posted by michaeltang View Post
    Our clients own some rental homes and commercial properties in foreign country. In consideration of the depreciation periods are 40 years which include residential and commercial properties, we aren't sure the 40 year, straight line depreciation is correct or not. Can anyone help us in straightening the puzzle?
    Yes, unless there is something contrary to the tax treaty between US and the foreign country a foreign rental is depreciated using commercial dep. schedule and not the typical domestic rental of 27.5 years. I had a citation before but can't put my finger on it right now, so please research if it has changed. My former client had several rentals i
    Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Thank your help

Originally posted by michaeltang View Post
      Thank your help in answer this message.

Comment

Working...
      X